1 x 1 quilt block
109 E. Rutherford
The carved date of 1924 on this yellow brick building commemorates its opening as the Landrum Post Office.
The post office later moved to a building on South Shamrock Avenue before moving to its current location at 500 E. Rutherford Street.
Several businesses have occupied the space in the intervening years including a laundromat and cafe-bookstore.
PJ Steinman opened her clothing boutique here on April 1, 2008.
The Love Letters block celebrates the romantic correspondences which were received and delivered by the Landrum postal service.
Hung October 2013
Funded by PJ's Fashions and the Mary F. Kessler Fund/Polk County Community Foundation, Tryon, NC